Last weekend The Pink Evolution hosted the Mommy Master Class for mom and mompreneurs at Jola’s Joyful Events in Atlanta, GA.
While The Pink Evolution founder, Shevon Jones was also a speaker, Rachel Kalukango-Harris (author/speaker/ marriage coach) emceed the event. Guest speakers included Tammie Parks (accountant/ author), Toni Preyer (minister/ creative consultant), and Brenda Spenser (owner of Jola’s Joyful Events). The ladies shared insight on finances in marriage and following your dreams.
“I decided to host the event to give moms a chance to come together to network, be inspired, empowered and learn how to get to their dreams,” says Jones who is a life coach and social worker though she considers her most important role to be that of a single mom.
Just a few points from the topics discussed that we found particularly interesting were:
- Being married does not mean all finances have to be joint, because it begins to make the partners feel like children having to constantly ask permission to do what they desire.
- (Speaker) Parks configured a formula for stay at home mommies to determine their worth and contribution to the household.
- Partners should assign titles outside of wife and husband that fit their role within the household.
- In order for a household to be successful, they must increase their income by 40%.
- Find your passion and live in it.
- Learn to care for you and operate from your overflow.
- Money is energy and energy is needed to manifest money.
- Build a support network and utilize it, because it is needed.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood.
- A spiritual life of some sort is imperative for balance as a mother.
Attendees enjoyed refreshments sponsored by Sweet Shot Cupcakes and giveaways, and they left with tons of knowledge and inspiration.
View the event photos below. To learn more about The Pink Evolution visit http://thepinkevolution.com.
Photography by Gabrielle Cornish