For most small business owners, the holidays can be a rough time for sales. Most consumers are wanting to spend less as to hold on to their monies for gifts and travel. Smaller brands are often overlooked in comparison to bigger, well known brands due to smaller marketing budgets. Try these techniques to stay visible and generate sales.
1. Black Friday Sale- Who says you have to be a big retailer to host a Black Friday Sale? You are the boss, and you know your business. You can rollback your prices and then create your own buzz. How do you do that? See #2.
2. Send out a holiday themed newsletter. We know you keep track of your customers/clients and supporters right, so why not make them feel like VIP with a newsletter not only telling them about your Black Friday Sale but also providing them with some other informative, educational, or inspirational content. And you can top it off with… See #3.
3. A creative gift card from you and your staff/family/team with a personal message from you. You do not have to do the newsletter to send the card, and you do not have to only send it via email. You can also print your card and physically mail it to your supporters.
4. Create a holiday video message, maybe you want to say “Happy Holidays”, tell about your sale, or maybe you would like to share an inspirational message. It doesn’t have to be long, and now you can do it right from your phone.
5. We say this all the time, partner with a local charity or cause. Find an organization with a like minded mission and give back. Most organizations will gladly work with you.
The holidays create unpredictable spending habits with consumers. With a plan in place, you are at least proactive. Do you have any suggestions on promoting your brand or business and sustaining sales during this time? Tweet them to me at @shesomedia